Void outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia and where prohibited. Do not proceed to enter if you are not at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of, and located within, one of the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia, at the time of entry. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (as defined below), which are binding and final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Big Magic for Little Adventurers Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 AM ET on February 11, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on March 26, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
SPONSOR: Meredith Corporation, 1716 Locust St., Des Moines, Iowa (“Sponsor”).
HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit parents.com/bigmagic and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit an online entry form to receive one (1) entry. There is no cost to enter. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on March 26, 2017 to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, using one email address. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. You may only use one (1) email address to enter this Sweepstakes.
ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, Disney Destinations LLC (“Disney”), and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months per year.
WINNER SELECTION/DRAWING: On or about April 3, 2017, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) potential winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified via email and/or mail and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, IRS W9 form, and Release of Liability/Publicity within ten (10) days of date of notification or an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
PRIZE (1): One (1) winner will receive one (1) vacation package for winner and up to three (3) guests for four (4) nights and five (5) days at the Walt Disney World® Resort. The vacation package shall consist of the following:
- Up to four (4) round trip coach airfares between the major United States gateway airport closest to winner’s residence (selected by Disney) and the Orlando International Airport; provided, however, if winner resides within two hundred fifty (250) miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, airfare will not be provided.
- Up to four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express service; provided, however, if winner resides within two hundred fifty (250) miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, ground transfers will not be provided.
- Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) consecutive nights at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
- Up to four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option.
- One (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $500 (subject to restrictions).
- One (1) Welcome Basket in winner’s hotel room at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
- One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons (subject to availability). A Disney Gift Card will be provided to cover the expense of this experience (subject to restrictions).
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $6,407.36. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Items that are not included as part of the winning vacation package are: transportation between winner’s residence and departure airport, travel insurance, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc., local and long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes, and all other charges and items not otherwise described above.
Winning vacation rules include, but are not limited to:
- Vacation package must be taken between 5/29/2017 and 5/28/2018, and the winner of the Sweepstakes and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary.
- Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply. Advance reservations required.
- Vacation package is for the winner of the Sweepstakes and up to three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing.
- All elements of the vacation package (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the winner and his/her guests at the same time during the redemption of the vacation package.
- Theme park attractions and entertainment are seasonal and subject to change without notice.
- If any winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of guests, the vacation package will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of participants with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner.
- The winner and his/her guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the vacation package.
- Any lost or stolen theme park tickets or travel vouchers will not be replaced.
- Vacation package and vacation package components (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer or refunded. Vacation package is not redeemable for cash. Vacation package components may not be separated. Any unused portion(s) of the vacation package will be forfeited.
- Disney, its parent, related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Sweepstakes, including any travel/activity related thereto.
Actual value of trip, including without limitation air transportation and hotel accommodations, may vary based on point of departure, dates of travel and rates at time of booking. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (i.e., valid photo ID) prior to travel. Guests must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If a guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. All travel arrangements and reservations must be made through Disney and on a carrier of by Disney’s choice. Travel is subject to availability. All applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Released Parties (as defined below) disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any prize (or portion thereof) accepted by winner. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules.
In the event Sponsor is unable to provide event tickets, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof; however, remainder of prize package will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.
RELEASES: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Sponsor, Disney, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize, including any travel/activity related thereto.
OTHER: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries or registrations; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention, or any other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, proper play or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to date of cancellation or termination. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the ISP, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use each entrant’s name, hometown (city and state), voice, biographical information, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this Sweepstakes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market or advertise, the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, without review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to entrant or any person or entity, worldwide, in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form in the amount of the prize retail value as stated herein.
WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winners, available after April 3, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s Name, Parents Magazine, ATTN: Big Magic for Little Adventurers Sweepstakes, 805 Third Avenue, 29th Floor, New York, NY 10022.